5/28/15

Mixed Media Makeover

So my goal of posting once a week has yet to be met. I've been really busy this past month with the end of the school year stuff. However, I have taken some time to craft. May 15th - 17th I attended my monthly Scrapbooking Retreat. I participated in a challenge, and won 3rd place! The challenge was to alter this awful looking planner into some awesome! 


The ladies that put on this Scrapbook Retreat stated that they got these UGLY things from the $1.50 bins at Michaels, and believe it or not the inside of the planner is very nice. It has a grey and white chevron design, and there is a sturdy pocket for each month.  

I've been watching many Mixed Media Videos on YouTube lately, so I thought I take the opportunity to get my hands wet. First I put a lite coating of Gesso all over the planner. Then I used a variety of stencils (Tim Holtz & TCW) and modeling paste to add some texture. Next, I used different spray inks (Tattered Angles & Dylusions). After it was all dry, I went over the textured pieces with some antiqued gold Rub 'n Buff. I added some Prima Flowers and some metal pieces. The binding looked a little plain, so I added some black acrylic paint with my finger. Here is the finished product:


I'm really happy with how my first Mixed Media project turned out. I can't wait to do more!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment