10/4/14

Happy Hauntings

Welcome to the Jacksonville STARZ Blog Hop. This month our theme is Halloween.  Pinterest is just booming with ideas for Halloween, which led me to create these "Pinspired" projects.

The card is "Pinspired" by Lynn Pratt & Karen Morris. I really love how the tombstones turned out. I changed Lynn's original card by changing the coloration and making the tombstone haunted by a ghost instead of a bat. I used Karen's technique to create the bats using the Butterfly punches.


For instructions on how to recreate this card Click Here

Product List
****************************************

These cute little Monster Treat Boxes are "Pinspired" by Debbie Henderson. I must admit that I had no intention of purchasing the Curvy Keepsake thinlit, but after seeing the creative things that Debbie did with it, I couldn't resist. Even my husband loves these little guys!!!


I used the 3/4" circle punch for the eyes and eyelids.

Frankenstein's nose is the scrap left over from the handle of the Curvy Keepsake Box. His pupils are made from the 1/2" Circle Punch. I created his hair using the Large Oval punch with little triangles cut out of it. I finished up his mouth and stitches with a Black Stamp'n Write Marker.

Dracula's teeth are the tips of the Pennant Punch, and his nose and pupils are from the owl punch (since I still had it out from making the card). I cut a scrap piece of Basic Black with the Curvy Keepsake thinlit, and then I used a 1" circle punch to shape his widow's peak. I finished\up by giving him bloodshot eyes and bloody fangs with a Real Red Stamp'n Write marker. I can't wait to make more creatures!

I hope you enjoyed these "Pinspired" projects. Now make sure you click the next button, so you can check out Amy's awesome creation!!!



If you missed any of the other Jacksonville STARZ fabulous crafts, please make sure you check them out.
Amanda Sevall
Priscilla Thoreson
Maria Willis
Amy Unick
Lee Conrey
Susan Best

6 comments:

  1. I'm also in love with all the little creatures that can be created with the Curvy Keepsake Thinlit. Love your graveyard card too. Great job on all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Cari! What a cute card and the little monsters are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monsters and card!! Really spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the monster boxes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're a life saver! one of my customers bought the curvy keepsake die and wanted me to come up with a dracula face to decorate it with. I shall show her your blog. thanks so much for the instructions

    ReplyDelete