Retro Fresh Perpetual Calendar

Project Recipe:
1.    With the 8" side across the top of the scoreboard, score 2 sheets of the Baked Brown Sugar at 1/2", 3", 5.5", and 8". Then turn the paper so that the long edge is on the top of the scoreboard and score at 1/2",3", 5.5", 8", and 10-1/2".

2.     Referring to the Box template, carefully trim off the grayed out areas. Note that the solid lines represent cut lines and the dotted lines represent score lines. Then add Sticky Strip tape to the back sides of the tabs, and assemble.

3.    The cube mats are 2-1/4" squares.
To mat the numbers, I used the Decorative Label Punch and cut out 12 labels from Daffodil Delight, and another 12 out of Bermuda Bay. I cut the Bermuda Bay in half to make a mat for the Daffodil Delight.
I had to use my cricut to cut the numbers. The first block has numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and the second block has numbers 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8.

For Base 1: 
4.    Cut the 3rd piece of Baked Brown Sugar into a 5 -3/5' by 11". With the 11" side across the top of the scoreboard, score at 1/2", 2-1/2", 3-1/8", and 5-7/8".
Add sticky strip to the 1/2" flap. Fold the flap backwards and adhere the edge of the 1/2" flap to the edge of the 5-7/8" score line.

For Base 2:
5.    Take the remaining piece (2-5/8" x 11") of Baked Brown Sugar, and with the long edge along the top of the scoreboard, Score at 2-3/4" and 8-1/4".
Then turn the paper so the short edge is along the top of the scoreboard, and score at 1/2".  Next cut off the top half of each end section, cutting from the top inside corner to the bottom outside. See the Base 2 template for further detail. Add sticky strip to the 1/2" tabs and adhere to the bottom of Base 1.

6.    Cut six pieces (2" x 2-3/8") of Daffodil Delight. These will be used for the months. (one month per side) Use whatever you have to put the months on. I know I have some rub-ons somewhere, but in this case I used photopolymer alphabet stamps with Baked Brown Sugar ink. These pieces can be stored under the blocks.

7.    I used the On Film Framelits to embellish this calendar. The goal is to eventually place a picture of me and my husband in one of the filmstrips. The other filmstrip is for changing the Month. I used 1/8th inch score tape on three of the outer edges of the horizontal film strip. This allows me to swap out the months.


  1. WOW - this is such a cool project. Will be great for Christmas gifts.

  2. Great idea ! ! Thanks :)